Thursday, April 1, 2010

Everything In Moderation


Hi Guys!

This week has been a busy one and has given me the opportunity to learn alot about myself. One thing that I already knew, but was really brought to my attention this weekend, is that I'm a social eater and drinker. I won't lie, I love to have drinks and dinner with friends! I'm not sure what things in my life brought me to that point, but it's a huge part of who I am. When I think of ways to visit with old friends or enjoy a warm summer evening, I think of dinner and drinks. As I mentioned earlier, I have some habits to break :) I'm not sure that eating and having a drink with friends, is necessarily a habit that needs to be broken, but maybe something that just needs to be done in moderation. It's just like I tell my girls, treats aren't bad as long as we have them in moderation. It's when we choose those things all the time that we get into trouble.

So, today is day 7 of my P90X program and day 5 of clean eating. I would say over all I have done well. I chose my one cheat meal to have when my friends were here...it was pizza...and man did I enjoy it! It's kind of funny, when you don't eat that kind off food very often, you learn to actually appreciate it. You know, it's actually a treat. There was no true guilt for eating it because when you treat yourself for one meal your able to keep your body on track. You can totally recover from one meal. What I suggest, is that the day you are going to have that meal, really think about what you eat during the rest of the day. For example, if its high in carbohydrates, maybe you don't want to have very many during the day. That's typically what I do. I guess in a way, I plan for my treat.

I'm on a mission and that mission is whats keeping me focused. I'm just a few weeks away from posting pictures and showing you guys what hard work and a life style change can do for you. Although I'm eating well, I'm also keeping it real. Its simply about making good choices!

Gwen Gilliam
Independent BeachBody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment