Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dont Be Afraid To Get Down & Dirty



Hello my friends...

I woke up this morning all excited to go on a bike ride. Oh how I love my bike! A little wind in my face, a good friend to ride with and all the beauty that the great northwest has to offer. Heck, I don't even mind the little pieces of protein (some people call them bugs) that I sometimes swallow while rockin' down a hill at 30 miles plus an hour. My plan was to get a little cardio in and enjoy the outdoors. I have been trying to get at least an hour of cardio in each day along with my P90X to help jump start my weight loss. So, I set the alarm for 7am , set the coffee pot on auto and was just waiting for the sun to rise. But...when I woke...RAIN! Rain, rain, rain!
Noooooooo!

As many of you know, living in the Seattle area, you pretty much have to come to a point in life where you learn to just do things rain or shine. If you don't, you can miss out on a whole lot of life. After looking outside, I realized I had two choices. 1. I could take over the couch and watch tv all day. As we all know, rainy days are great for that! 2. Go on my bike ride or choose a different activity. It was raining to hard to go riding, it just wasn't safe, so I decided to go for a trail run with a friend. As you can tell by our picture, we had a blast! It was raining so hard, but that just made it such much more awesome. By the middle of our 5 mile run, we decided to act like a couple of little kids. We ran right through the middle of every puddle we could possibly find. The purpose of our run went from exercising, to mud puddle therapy. Who knew two grown women could have so much fun playing in the rain.

Tomorrow morning I will start a 20 Day Eating Clean Challenge. And it will be just that! I will be choosing from certain foods and hoping to continue breaking some of those bad habits I have picked up these last few years. Just like this morning when I woke, I'll have to make a choice. I'll have to choose the right foods to fuel my body with, I'll have to choose to push play 6 days a week and I'll have to choose to do that extra hour of cardio to continue to work toward my goal of ultimate fitness.

Life is full of choices, what will you choose?

Gwen Gilliam
Independent BeachBody Coach




















No comments:

Post a Comment