Friday, June 4, 2010

Shakeology Cleanse: Check out my results!

Hey guys!
Day 3 of my cleanse looked pretty much like days 1 and 2. The only difference was late night I added a piece of celery with peanut butter. I learned that adding a few extra calories (good, clean calories) allowed me to still function and even workout one of the days. As many of you know, I am training for several distance bike rides (100 miles plus) and an Olympic Distance Triathlon. Training for such things requires quite a few calories!
When I woke this morning I felt amazing! I woke at 5:30am for a 6am workout and felt super strong and ready to take on the day. I know many of you wonder...does this really work? Is it really worth the money etc? Well, here's how I know it works...
As a child I was asthmatic and had many alergies. As an adult, I have learned to deal with or almost force my body to deal with the food choices I want to make. That's not a good thing! What that means is that because I want something, I put it in my body even though it may not be something my body can handle, or will feed my body in the manner it needs to be fed. I often wonder if my alergies combined with my poor choices are what make it so hard to loose that last bit of weight.
While on the cleanse I obviously was eating no bread etc, which was one of my main alergies as a child. This morning when I woke I chose to eat a bagel, plain with no butter or cream cheese. Within 15 minutes of my workout I broke out in hives. Ever tried making it through a 45 minute workout covered in hives...ya...lame! But you know what, I'm glad it happened. Why? What I realized is that I just gave my body the best care for the last three days. I fed it what it needed, when it needed it and it was starting to function properly. So this morning it was brought to my attention that I need to make better choices. When my body reacts to something, I need to listen. If that means cutting out bread and finding another alternative then so be it! Afterall, didn't I just spend the last three days cleansing to care for my body? The answer is, YES! Yes I did!
Final results: I'm down 6lbs and my body is ready to rock and roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment